Luckily for you, our faux fur blanket is machine washable-- so, you can wash it from the comfort of your own home. To preserve your new, chic blanket, simply follow our step-by-step faux fur washing guide:
- Fill the washing machine with cold water and set it to the delicate cycle. Make sure to wash the faux fur blanket separately, with no other clothing items.
- Add mild detergent to the water, preferably a product that is specifically usable for delicate fabrics. Because they will ruin the faux fur fabric, make sure you don't use any fabric softeners.
- Because faux fur blankets absorb a lot of water, drying the blanket can be a longer process. In most cases, you'll first need to complete two full spin cycles for a faux fur blanket. Afterwards, pull it out and hang it to air dry, preferably under the sun.
- After drying, shake it to fluff it and restore its original shape. Do not use excessive drying cycles to get rid of water. Instead, air dry your blanket. Overuse of a machine dryer can ruin the blanket. If you must use a dryer, always use no heat setting, also known as air fluff.
The Don’ts When Taking Care of Faux Fur Blanket
- Don’t use bleach when washing or spot cleaning your blanket.
- Don’t iron your blanket.
- Don’t use any fabric softener.
- Don’t use your dryer excessively; this is the most common mistake as faux fur blankets absorb a lot of water.
Faux fur is a heavy, elegant blanket that feels and looks luxurious. Keep it that way by providing extra care.